As we grow, the need for increased structure and accountability increases. To that end, EC teachers will now submit a Class Outline Form with each class proposal. This additional information will not be included in class descriptions printed for distribution, but the form will be kept on file.
The Class Outline Form will afford teachers an opportunity to consider class goals and material in advance. This is a good thing! The goal is not to increase anyone’s burden, but rather to benefit teachers, parents and the board as we work together to bless the children we’re so privileged to instruct.
Examples follow below. You’ll notice that some classes (Games! & etc.) lend themselves to a very informal format, while more academic classes call for a bit more structure.
If you have any questions about this form or classes in general, please contact an EC Board Member. To download a Class Description Form, click here.
Class: Backyard Science Grade: Pre-K
- Usborne book of Rocks and Minerals
- Trees and Seasons
- Magic School Bus Explores Plants
- printed materials from www.homeschoolshare.com to make lapbooks
- various field guides
Class: Board Games Grade: 9th-12th
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
- The Atlas of Middle Earth by Karen Wynn Fonstad
- The Tolkien Companion by J.E.A. Tyler
- Finding God in the Lord of the Rings by Kurt Bruner & Jim Ware
- The J.R.R. Tolkien Handbook by Colin Duriez
- Unfinished Tales by J.R.R. Tolkien
- The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien
We hope these examples will give you a clear understanding of the kind of outlines required for class submissions.
Thank you to all of our wonderful EC parents for your creative and fun classes!